The rosary is the weapon for these times.St. Padre Pio
How have you been doing with the rosary challenge I proposed for this month? I started out pretty strong, but as I got busier with schoolwork, I skipped quite a few days. Because I wrote down an intention for each day, I want to make up those days and pray for those intentions. Intentions give us such beautiful motivations to pray, and it’s so powerful to pray the rosary for someone. If you’re like me and need a little encouragement to keep praying the rosary, then this blog post is for you.
Telling Mary “I Love You”
Our heavenly mother loves when we pray the rosary. Each Hail Mary is like saying “I love you” to her. “Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee” quotes the angel Gabriel during the Annunciation and acknowledges Mary’s infinite grace that she so generously shares with us. “Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus” comes from Elizabeth during the visitation. We still say this to recognize her holiness which comes from Jesus Christ humbled as her son. It also reminds us that Mary always directs the glory we give to her back to God, like how the moon reflects the sun. “Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death” was added by the Church. We ask Mary to take care of us by praying for us as a mother would.
The Fifteen Promises of the Rosary
During every Marian Apparition, she encouraged praying the rosary to “end the war,” meaning spiritual warfare. This is probably why St. Padre Pio prayed the rosary so fervently. He prayed multiple rosaries a day and often referred to it as his weapon. When Mary revealed the rosary to St. Dominic, she imparted fifteen promises to those devoted to praying the rosary.
|1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces. |
Signal graces are extraordinary graces that guide us in life and help us make the right decisions.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
Mary will guard those who pray the rosary and grant them beautiful graces.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
Those who pray the rosary are protected against the powers of hell, and they are less likely to fall into temptation and sin.
4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
Our dedication to praying the rosary will turn our attention towards God instead of earthly things. We’ll be more focused on pursuing our heavenly father and life with him instead of material things.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
By praying the rosary, we will gain eternal life.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
God will take care of his children who pray the rosary. He will keep them in his hands, constantly bless them, and grant them graces. Even their deaths will be pleasing to God.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
Those who are devoted to the rosary will receive the sacraments of confession, the Eucharist, and/or Anointing of the Sick before they die.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
They will immediately go to Heaven and become Saints.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
They won’t have to spend any time in Purgatory atoning for their sins.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
They will be rewarded in Heaven because of their dedication to the rosary.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
If your intentions align with God’s will, you will receive them by praying the rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
If you recommend praying the rosary to someone else, Mary will always support you.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
The angels and the Saints will pray for you throughout your life and during your death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
Mary has adopted us as her children, so we are the brothers and sisters of Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Those who are secure in their salvation are devoted to praying the rosary.
Enjoying this post? Subscribe to Radiant with Joy!
A Spiritual Weapon
The fifteen promises of the rosary inspire me to pray the rosary for myself and for others. It’s truly the strongest weapon of our times against spiritual warfare. This month I started strong, but I eventually crashed. Reading and reflecting about the fifteen promises of the rosary has reminded me of what a beautiful and powerful prayer it is. Now, I’m more determined to carve out the time to pray the rosary each day, and I hope you are too. Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us.
Which promise of the rosary resonated the most with you? Let me know in the comments below!
Click the links below to visit Radiant with Joy’s social media and Etsy Shop!
11 thoughts on “Armed with the Rosary”
Oh what inspiring words!!!! I love ALL the beautiful promises!!! But a couple that stand out are 4,7 and 9. It is sometimes hard to find time to pray the rosary, but you feel the same as you, praying for others and especially the church right now keeps me motivated to pray it daily.
I think the promises of the rosary are so beautiful! The promises and intentions definitely motivate me to pray. I’ve been praying a lot for the Church lately too, especially for our Church leaders and for an increase in vocations. I’ll continue to join you in praying for the Church every day!